Mom & Dad reserved a couple of condos in Solvang for a week. Most of the family was able to be there for a few days at a time. We missed having Jeremy but Megan was able to come. We missed having Valerie, Ben and Tysen, as well.
Mom & Dad arrived on Wed. and got everything set up. Shawn and Misti got there on Thu. night. We arrived late Fri. night. Then April & Leonard showed up Sat evening.
We all went up to Pismo Sat. morning to ride the quads on the dunes. This is Shawn(black) and Dad(yellow). The weather was beautiful until we got to Pismo where the fog had not lifted. It was a little windy so everybody huddled behind the cars. I had never been there before and thought it was so cool that we could drive on the beach. I was driving Mom's Suburban and I was like a kid in a candy store. Every now and then I would stomp on the gas to get the wheels to spin. That is so awesome! Everyone in the car was yelling at me, telling me to stop, so I listened, and did it again anyways! This was my first time riding the quads on the dunes. I was a bit cautious at first. I blasted up the dunes but let off at the top so as not to jump. Shawn was jumping because he is much more experienced, of course! We rode around for a while and I watched Shawn blast up a dune and jump so, of course, I got up the nerve to give it a shot! I dropped it into second and punched it up the dune. I let off a bit at the top and next thing I know I was in the air. You know when you are driving on a road with dips and there's that feeling you get when you go fast over one and it feels like your stomach goes up into your chest? That's what it felt like and it caught me a little off guard. Needless to say I landed in a wheelie position and fell off onto my butt! The quad continued to roll about 10ft still upright in the wheelie position almost like it was laughing at me. Shawn turned around and asked me what I was doing. I tried to muster up a little dignity, and told him I fell off! We had a chuckle and moved on.
Grandma holding Joshua and Justin with his trouble maker face were huddled behind the trucks to keep out of the wind. It was Mom's birthday and she was a good sport about sitting in the cold while we played. Dad and Shawn went out and about 10 minutes later there was about five or six emergency vehicles that came down the beach and went onto the dunes. At that point we were worried that Dad got hurt or something. Turns out, one of the Dune tour Hummers got to close the the edge of a dune and rolled down. Some of the people got hurt, but nothing serious. Shawn's quad was having issues with starting and it had died when they stopped to check on the hummer passengers. So we thought it was them the emergency vehicles were going after. Good thing it wasn't!
This place had really good clam chowder bread bowls. This was Monday in Pismo. The weather was clear but still windy.
Caleb and Justin love the beach. As soon as we got there they had their shoes off and were laying in the sand. We had a fun time running from the waves and I collected a lot of Sand Dollars. Sabrina had to tell me to stop looking for Sand Dollars and watch the boys in the water! I was excited, I never found Sand Dollars before! I know I live a sheltered life! Anyway! It was an awesome trip and hopefully we can do it again next year.
1 comment:
I was pretty excited to see a member of my family (besides Keahi) start a blog! You'll have to see if you can't get some of the other family members to join the blogspot world as well. I really enjoy it, especially reading friends and families. I have found a lot of usful information just investigating blogs listed on other blogs.
Thanks for making me feel bad about not being in Pismo with everyone! j/k We really wished we could have been there! It would be nice if we could make that a family tradition/reunion every year. We could even make it a different location every year? Anyway, glad to have you blogging!
Post a Comment